Back to Library Homepage Your Library Card

banner

<= Previous Page Main Menu Next Page =>

 

Netherwood Reformed Church
Leland Avenue and East Second Street


The Netherwood Mission was established on Leland Avenue and East Second Street on July 4, 1909 and was placed under the care of the Trinity Reformed Church.  The Mission was organized at the Netherwood Reformed Church on January 5, 1910.

C21151

Netherwood Reformed Church
Circa 1920s-1940s
Paul R. Collier, Photographer

 

 

Trinity Reformed Church
144 West Second Street


The Central Reformed Church was organized in 1863 on W. Second Street.  In March 1880, the Classis of Newark organized the Trinity Reformed Dutch Church, with 55 charter members, which merged with the Central church in April 1880. 

Extensive alterations were made to the interior and exterior of the building in 1924-1925.  A cornerstone was laid and the steeple was removed.  The church was rededicated on November 25, 1925.

In 1959, the Madison-Park Urban Renewal Project was proposed, calling for all buildings in that block, including the church, to be razed. A church building fund was organized and property in North Plainfield was selected. Seven years later, the church held its last worship service on January 16, 1966. The congregation moved into their new location on Brook Road and West End Avenue in North Plainfield a week later. The original Trinity Reformed Church building was razed in July 1966.

 

U4142

Trinity Reformed Church
Circa 1910s-1930s
Paul R. Collier, Photographer

 

R205-F293

Trinity Reformed Church
Detwiller Blueprint D-7078, 1898
E.W. Gayle, Architect

P1029

Trinity Reformed Church
Undated Vintage Postcard

Trinity Reformed Church, Interior
Undated Vintage Postcard

 

Trinity Reformed Church, Interior
Photographer Unknown

 

 

 

<= Previous Page Main Menu Next Page =>

 

Connect to Wifi Contact the Webmaster Ask us a Question Terms & Conditions Facebook Twitter
Facebook Twitter
Facebook Twitter
chat loading...